At Centerspace, the safety of our patients and care team is our number one priority. We are continuing to monitor and follow CDC, MUSC Health System, and local guidelines to ensure Centerspace is a clean and safe environment for all. Initial consultations and non-medication visits can be conducted by tele-health per individual preference. In-person visits will include the following basic practices:
Before your appointment:
You will be sent an email 24 hours before your scheduled appointment to screen for any COVID-19 symptoms you may have experienced. If you have experienced COVID-like symptoms, you will be directed to MUSC’s Virtual Urgent Care to be tested, and we will work with you to reschedule your appointment at Centerspace. Both the screening evaluation and Virtual Urgent Care visit are free!
Upon arrival to the clinic:
- We request that you call upon arrival to the parking lot, so that you can be individually greeted and taken directly to your treatment room.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entering the clinic before you.
- You will be provided with a face covering to wear a mask while inside the building to protect yourself and others, or you may wear your own face covering if you prefer.
- All of our medical staff will be equipped with masks and additional protective wear while in the facility and while administering your treatment.
During your visit:
- If during your treatment, you need to take off your face covering, we will continue to maintain appropriate social distancing. Our treatment rooms are sized to comfortably allow 6+ feet of distance.
After your visit:
- We regularly disinfect and sanitize all surfaces and treatment spaces before and after patient appointments.
- The treatment team follows all guidelines regarding routine daily temperature and symptom monitoring.
Additionally, please visit the link to learn about all patient safety and social distancing protocols that all of MUSC Health locations are following: muschealth.org/patients-visitors/coronavirus-information/patient-safety-and-social-distancing